As a world city, Sydney has a whole host of events you can attend at any time of year but the hassle of getting to and from these events can take some fun out of the day and even provide frustration due to parking, congestion and of course, a lack of capacity when transporting more than around 3-4 people. Fortunately help is at hand, Pegasus Coach Tours can take away any potential issues you may face when using public transport or using a private vehicle. In this blog we are going to touch upon just a small selection of events in Sydney happening in the near future that can be visited with ease using the professionals at Pegasus Coach Tours.
Without further ado, lets take a look at the some of the best upcoming events Sydney has to offer:
- Spring Harvest Festival – Elizabeth Farm, Rosehill – Sunday September 17th – Sydney Living Museums present a marketplace of spring fare in the outstanding colonial location of Elizabeth Farm. The festival’s emphasis is firmly placed on food and there are a whole host of activities and attractions including cooking demonstrations and a homegrown produce crop swap where you can bring your own produce to exchange with others. This family friendly event is a great way to spend a peaceful Sunday and soak up the atmosphere at this wonderful location. Hiring a private coach from Pegasus Coach Tours presents the ideal opportunity to take all the family and maybe a few friends as well for a great day out. Please check this link for full details of the Spring Harvest Festival in Rosehill.
- Surry Hills Festival – Saturday September 23rd – Now in it’s fifteenth year the Surry Hills Festival is a firm favourite for both Sydneysiders and people from across the country and it’s estimated crowd of sixty thousand plus festival goers are testaments to this. Festival attractions include live music performances, art trails, artisan food and produce, market stalls and kids activities. The Surry Hills Festival is one of those events that really does have something for absolutely everyone. The best thing about this festival? It’s free apart from a local charity donation. With the estimated number of festival goers this is a Sydney event where hiring a Pegasus private coach really does make sense.
- Sydney Fringe – Around Sydney/Sydney Park- Until the 30th September – Although not as well known or as established as it’s Melbourne counterpart, the Sydney Fringe is attracting a lot of attention across the media and from Sydney natives alike. Featuring an array of immersive theatre performances, art installations, parties and even a circus, this event is sure to attract a great deal of interest from people from all walks of life. For 2017, in conjunction with property developer HPG, the Fringe has secured a 7000m square space in Sydney Park to work their magic. Kensington Street Precinct in Chippendale will also be lively for the duration of the festival with two venues showcasing the latest in cutting edge comedy and theatre. Surely an event not to be missed!
- Luna Park Rooftop Cinema – Luna Park Sydney, Milsons Point- Until the 30th September – A must do experience for all film buffs, this limited time event really is something special, made even more special due to the extensive views of Sydney Harbour. The outdoor cinema screens classic films, blockbusters and many more. To pick a flick please check the Luna Park Rooftop Cinema schedule for details. If you’re concerned about any potential noise issues whilst enjoying the film, fear not! All movies goers are issued with noise cancelling wireless headphones! All you need to do is arrange a convenient form of transport to get you and your fellow movie aficionados to and from the venue.
- Cabramatta Moon Festival – Around Cabramatta – September 24th – For previous attendees the famous Cabramatta Moon Festival needs no introduction but for those who have yet to experience this breath taking Southeast Asian street festival, you are in for a treat. Drawing 90,000 people from across Sydney and further afield, the festival runs throughout the day and into the night with gourmet food stalls, fairground rides, cooking demonstrations and more. The evening concludes at 8pm with a firework display. If you’re a fan of SE Asian culture this a must attend event, fantastic. Find out more about the Cabramatta Moon Festival here.
- Sydney Architecture Festival – September 29th– Oct 2nd – King Street Wharf, Darling Harbour –
In its eleventh year, the Sydney Architecture Festival showcases and highlights the architectural excellence employed in the design of some our best-loved buildings. This year the festival focuses on Western Sydney’s future heritage and also includes architect led walking tours to the Surry Hills Police Centre, Sydney Masonic Centre and the Sirius building. This is a must see for anyone with a passing or even an avid interest in the dazzling array of great buildings that Sydney possesses.
The six events mentioned above barely scratch the surface of what is on in Sydney in the near future, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of things to do and see for a plethora of ages, tastes and budgets. There are theatrical performances, independent and foreign film screenings and everything in-between. With all these fun filled and factual events on offer and easily accessible the last thing you want to do is worry about getting to the venue and back. Pegasus Coach Tours offers you and your party a stress free means of transportation with the services of a locally experienced professional driver. Simply pick the event or events you wish to attend, the number of people in your party and contact us at your convenience, either by using the online enquiry form or calling us on (02) 9838 1733.